January’s Muscle and Fitness contains a lot of beginner’s information for all of the people making new years resolutions. Some interesting statistics:
- 67% of people with gym memberships never use them.
- 10% of resolutions are to exercise more.
- 15% of Americans belong to a gym.
- 19% of resolutions are to lose weight.
- 67% of Americans make 3 resolutions every year.
- 80% of people who join a gym in January quit by February.
I like Muscle and Fitness for the nutrition information that it always has. This month’s issue has one of the best articles on eating to build muscle that I have read (starting on pg. 92). Nothing really surprising here, but all of the important basics in one place for a beginner. Definitely worth the cover price.